Craft Room Project: Table Base Painted

I got the table base painted and partially assembled today. I realized when I went to actually screw the pieces in place that I needed a really long drill bit, which I didn’t have. It is a good thing I probably wasn’t going to be able to work on this for the next several days because now I have to wait for that to show up before I can finish putting it together.

Table Base: Painted
Table Base: Painted

I also figured out that the dresser I wanted to use in the space and thought I couldn’t is actually going to fit. The plan before was to paint it the creamy white of the cabinets and paint the hardware to match what I pick for the cabinets. Thinking about it today, I decided that I’m still mostly going to do that, but I’m going to take it a step beyond that and refinish the top to match the gray I’m going to use on the counters. I’m so thrilled by the idea because the whole thing is going to look fabulous when it is done.

Dresser To Be Painted
Dresser To Be Painted

With being able to use the dresser and my plans to also use the other cabinet, I now have two big pieces I can reuse in this space. I’m already using the ugly gray cabinet in another area so that really only leaves the crappy desk that my jewelry bench was sitting on and a really wobbly and damaged but beautiful antique table that I don’t know what I’m going to do with.

I really love the table, but it is in pretty bad shape and needs major work. You can actually just see the top edge of it under the new table base in the first photo. The biggest problem it has is that it’s top is split in a way that I’m not certain is fixable. I’ve considered taking it apart and using the pieces for other things but I really cringe at the thought.

I am thrilled that I’m going to be able to make use of at least 2 of the older pieces.

Craft Room Project: Table Base – First Coat

The initial dry fit on the table base is done, so everything fits the way it is supposed to.

Table Base: Dry Fit
Table Base: Dry Fit

I also managed to get the very little sanding done that was needed (really impressed with everything about this base and the company I got it from) and I’ve got the first coat of paint on.

Table Base: First Coat of Paint
Table Base: First Coat of Paint

So far, it looks like it is covering really well, so it probably won’t need more than another coat and some touch ups. I honestly expected it to take a lot more. I am absolutely loving it all so far. I’ll get the base finished and attached to the top, but the table won’t be completely finished until I stain the top.

I’m waffling on when to do that as I will also have to stain the other counters. One side of me wants to get the top on this stained just to see all the colors in the space at once, but the realistic side of me says I really need to wait and do them all at the same time.

Working on this today just has me giddy. I’m absolutely loving how it is looking. Just seeing the base sitting on the top is exciting even though it isn’t attached or stained yet. I am not regretting losing the cabinet space to the table. The more I think about it and now seeing this, I’m so happy I made that change.

It is going to be so gorgeous!

Craft Room Project: Plans & Table Base

My table base showed up today!

Table Base Pieces
Table Base Pieces

I’ll have to do some light sanding and painting before I can start putting this together, but it is here. It is the first piece I need done before I can start building my cabinets so I can make sure everything is the same finished height. I’m absolutely stunned and how quickly this showed up.

I also finished my new layouts for the cabinets.

Cabinet Layout Plans - 2nd Round
Cabinet Layout Plans – 2nd Round

I have one corner I haven’t decided on for certain as to how I want it to work, but everything else is done.

I actually took the time to color code this so it was easier to tell what was upper cabinet, what was lower cabinet and what was counter top. It is so nice and clean now in comparison to my original drawing. For the most part, the changes are on the small side with little tweaks here and there to make every space work better and more efficiently as well as fitting around the outlets. I think I have it all down to how I want it.

The time it takes to work on the table, which is my next step, will allow me to work through the new changes in my head to make sure everything is how I want it. Then, I’ll have to actually plan out each individual cabinet so I can figure out materials. I have a feeling I’m going to need Hubby in on that to make sure I don’t absolutely botch the math, which is prone to happen.