I was so incredibly intimidated by these drawers. Especially after the epic failure of my attempt at the kiln shelf. I was so worried I’d run into similar issues with something not being square and off enough that I just couldn’t make any of it work.
The first one was a bit of a pain, but I figured it all out and it worked exactly the way it was supposed to. Once that one was in, the top two went in so easily. Now that they are in and done, I kind of wish I’d done more in other areas, but I’m also really glad I didn’t.
I still have to build and attach the faces, but I’m not nearly as intimidated by that as I was putting these on the rails. These really need some sanding and maybe some sort of inner finish instead of just the bare wood as well, but I couldn’t help but try out the inserts I got for each drawer just to make sure they will work.
My original plan was to build the organization into the drawers themselves, similar to the divider I have in the bottom one, but I just couldn’t bring myself to make them that complicated when I could just get something that would work just as well for a whole lot less headache. I could not be happier that I made that choice!
I thought that I’d probably like one of the two top inserts better than the other, but I really love them both. The drawers will be used for different things, so being able to organize each one differently really works. They both completely fill their drawers. Even though you can’t see it in the above photo, those amazing organizers goes all the way to the back of these REALLY deep drawers, which shocked me when I tested it out the first time.
Next up is to work on building and attaching those drawer faces and to finally work on getting those last 5 doors built and hung.