And project #2 on my holiday project list is done!
I had really wanted these to be a bit “more” than what they ended up. When I say “more” I mean that I was imagining that they’d have some really cool embellishments added that I could do just a little differently on each to personalize them fore each of us, but I just could not find a single thing that worked. Most likely I would need to do some hand embroidery on these to get the effect that I wanted (something with snowflakes), but I really do not have the time to do all that and still finish my other projects.
For now, I decided to just keep them all simple and the same. I may go back and add the embroidery at a later date or even add a little something to each one every year. I haven’t quite decided yet what I want to do, but this gives me stockings for everyone this year, which was my main goal.
*I will not go look at embroidery machines! I will not even consider an embroidery machine! Please, brain! SHUT UP!!!*
Other than that little bit of extra, these are exactly what I wanted. Like the hats, I have a good stash of extra material so that I can make more in the years to come when (or if) our family grows again.
BG is a little disappointed that the cats aren’t getting new stockings as well this year, but I decided to just keep our existing ones for them and go back to hanging them on the railing. The railing was really bare last year, so it gives me something pretty to put there. And since they won’t be with the others, I’m okay with them still being different for now. Again, I may go back to that when I have more time.
Next up… stocking holders!