I got the first item on my holiday project to do list finished!
There were quite a few trial and error tests I had to run on scrap fabric before I could get my final design worked out. I wanted these to be a good quality that would last a long time, so I decided to line them, which made using any kind of standard pattern almost impossible. I took ideas I found online, made lots of modifications, and came up with something that worked for what I wanted.
Once I got that nailed down, knocking these out didn’t take long at all.
I’m really pleased with these. They are so soft, too! And, I still have lots of material to store away for any additional ones that will need to be made over the years, so I estimated well on the fabric amount I needed.
Next up, I’m going to work on finding all the materials I need for my stocking holders, which looks to be harder than I’d originally thought, so that is going to be fun. I also have to finalize my design for the stockings themselves and get started on those.
Not too bad considering I just put together that to do list the other day!