All of the lower shelves are finally installed!
I spent a portion of today cleaning up some of my filler spots and getting the upper shelves to sit more easily in their cabinets. It was some tedious stuff, but I’m now ready to do the paint touch ups on all the cabinets that are in so far.
The last part I got accomplished today was getting the last upper cabinet installed that I could get up before the counters go in.
Oh, I also got my under cabinet light installed. It turned out it was a massive pain in the butt. I started it yesterday, ran into all kinds of issues, one of which is the fact that I am perfectly capable of being a brainless twit (no, you will not have a current in a wire if the light switch is off), and had to call it a day before I even hit noon just so I wouldn’t completely screw something up. I have a few things to do to finish it, but it is hooked up and mounted. I’ll need a new wall plate that I can cut a notch in for the wire. It isn’t the prettiest solution, but it will be okay by the time I get it done.
Tomorrow, I think I’m going to work on those touch ups and start building the doors for those cabinets that are already up. I was considering starting the counters but I realized that I really probably want to get those doors installed before I put the counters in place.
Little by little, this is looking more like a usable space.