What a difference a day makes!
The underlayment is down. All but 3 upper cabinets are installed and the base cabinets are installed or in place and waiting to be screwed in. I still have to put the permanent shelves into the base cabinets. There are a few things that still need some paint, like the shelf edges and the dividers on the big beast cabinet, but that is about the extend of what is left on those.
The final 3 upper cabinets don’t get installed until the counters are stained and attached. I discovered today that the back counter top doesn’t actually fit and I’ll have to cut it down. Turns out the two tops that I had that were supposed to be the exact same size weren’t. The one I’d originally fit that counter against was the one I cut for the other wall. It is so frustrating as it is only off by about 1/8th of an inch. So much for uniformity.
I will also have to put up the shelves in the corner and between two of the upper cabinets after those go up. The last stain test is also underway so I should be ready to work on the countertops soon.
All of this was one day’s worth of work with a whole lot of help from Hubby. I was shocked at how much got done. There are a lot of places that will need trim or touch ups, but this went together really well.
Next up is going to be working on some of those touch ups, getting those lower shelves in place and starting on the doors. It’s getting SO close!