For all intents and purposes, the cabinets are built. I had the one cabinet left that I needed to modify to add a divider and shelves to, and that got finished today.
I had originally thought I’d just leave this open, but the plan is to put my kiln in this cabinet and that left a whole lot of unused space. I decided to add some selves to make the whole of the space more usable. This one had been bugging me because I wanted to work on it, but couldn’t until I moved the counter top off to get to it. It feels awesome to finally have that one done.
I do still have to build the drawers for another cabinet, but decided that they really shouldn’t get mounted until I have at least the inside of that one painted. I will probably go ahead and start work on them, but once they are built they will be set aside for now.
The only thing left to do before I start painting is to build and attach the faces to the sides of the cabinets that face the room. I have 4 of those to put together, two of which I already have the pieces almost ready to go.
I keep going back and forth on where in this mix I’m going to start working on the doors as there has to be at least one round of paint before I can do those. I keep thinking I want to do those after the cabinets are actually installed, but the thought of still dealing with all the dust mess once I’m in paint mode makes that an unappealing idea.
The last thing that was holding me up a bit was getting the counter top cut. Hubby helped me with that last night and it came out amazing. I was so nervous I’d screw it up, but it was a breeze to do.
It has been shockingly hard to shift my gears to get back to working on this. I’m still struggling to find the energy to do much each day, though I’m not really sure why. I’ve had plenty of rest since recital, so I shouldn’t still be feeling so drained.
I’d planned on getting a lot more done today, but I hit my wall early. I’m hoping that changes soon, or it is going to be a struggle to get this done by the time I want it done.