I am SO close to being done with the build phase of these cabinets. There is only one more that I have to put together (I already have all the pieces cut), one that is already built that I need to modify to add a center divider and some shelves (that would be the 1/2), and I have 4 drawers to build (which I didn’t add to my count) and these are essentially built.
Of course, I still have doors to work on, but those are going to be a breeze in comparison to the cabinets themselves. There are also the “faces” I have to add to the sides of the cabinets that will show to the room, but I’ve been keeping those parts in the door grouping because they are pretty much the same thing.
I was working on my second to last cabinet when I goofed on my measurement of the back panel and cut it too short. Of course, I had exactly the right amount of that panel material left to finish these cabinets and that goof means I now have to run out and pick up one more sheet. It also meant I couldn’t get that last one finished today.
Even with the goof, I feel really good about what I got accomplished today.
There are only a couple of days left in this week that I’m going to have uninterrupted to work and next week won’t see much getting done at all because it is recital week and I have so many things I have to do to help BG get ready for that. As soon as recital is over, though, it should be smooth sailing for a while as I have no more commitments until MCG and her family come in June.