I’m down to 4 cabinets and 1 modification on a finished cabinet and the cabinets will be built.
That is if I don’t change anything. Again. For the 100th time.
Two of those final 4 cabinets are just like the one on the left and all of those are a major change. That area was just supposed to have a narrow, tall cabinet that left most of that wall space open, but the shorter counter there made me not love that idea. I changed it up to 3 normal sized hanging cabinets instead.
The cabinet to the left and the one in the corner to the right will all get hung and line up with the top of that tall, central cabinet. All the remaining cabinets I have to build will also be hung.
The other two I have left to build go on either side of the tall cabinet on the back wall. I’m still waffling on those two because they will be smaller than I’d originally planned. Either that or they won’t be the same, which they were supposed to be. They were originally supposed to be open shelves without doors, then I changed it to doors, but with glass to mimic the white cabinet I reworked. But if they are going to be a different size from each other or on the really small side, then I may need to do something different. I think those will be my last ones to build, so I have a little bit more time to figure it out.
The beast above has gone through so many changes and shifts from the beginning of this project that I’ve lost count. This was supposed to be the cabinet that forced me to move my switches. After a lot of thought and deciding that I really liked how open this is feeling so far, I sort of cut this one in half and changed the interior design.
Sadly, this removes some drawer space, but it made so many other things easier. Not that this sucker was easy, but it was not quite the nightmare that it was going to be. Having built this, I’m so glad I made the changes I did because I don’t think I could have actually moved the thing if I’d built it as designed. This is already insanely heavy, I can’t imagine how bad it would have been if it had been up to the height of the hanging cabinets on the rest of the walls.
One cool thing about this change is it gives me an additional counter space that will get stained. The top isn’t attached yet because I can’t do that until after it’s stained and the cabinet is painted. It will also have the decorative side added on the side that faces the room, but again, that is at the paint/door stage.
There are two more dividers that are needed to finish off my drawing pad/canvas storage section on the right, but those should just take a minute to add, but I didn’t have any more of that material.
The modification is to the other lower cabinet under my jewelry bench. I’m adding a center wall and some shelves to one side, similar to the beast. I figured if I had to give up some space from that cabinet, I needed to make better use of the space I had. That most likely will have to wait until I’m ready to pull everything out right before painting since I need it out from underneath the countertop.
I think I’m starting to see a slight glow on the horizon of this project.