I have yet again changed my plans.
This time, I decided that my existing cabinet layout wasn’t quite what I was liking, so I made an adjustment. The final cabinet on what I’m calling my sewing wall is now smaller than planed so I could put my table closer and not completely block the opening into the rest of the basement. In the photo below, you can see the final location of the table. Before, it was almost entirely in front of that opening. That would be fine for temporary, but I really didn’t like blocking that much all the time because it just looked too crowded.
I considered removing that cabinet entirely, but it put my table too close to my jewelry bench counter for comfort. I sort of split the difference and just went narrower instead. It still works for what I had planned for it’s primary purpose, which is to hold my sewing machine when not in use.
This change does mean that I’m going to have to cut down one of my counters, which I don’t love, but know won’t be a huge issue as I’ve gotten the hang of using my saw.
Finishing that smaller cabinet was a milestone of this project, though. I’m now done with all my base cabinets!
The one really large cabinet I had planned is also under consideration. Again because I think it might just make that space feel too claustrophobic. I haven’t settled on what exactly I want to do there, but I have some ideas that might allow me to use the piece of counter I have to cut off. I have to see exactly how far I have to cut that down before I know for sure. That is also one of the last cabinets I’d planned to build, so it isn’t a priority at the moment.
I want to lay out the counters just to make sure everything still looks the way I expect it to before I move on to the next phase, but I should be able to start on building the upper cabinets.
I’m inching along closer to getting this done!