The last several days have been really productive. And things are starting to take shape.
All of the lower cabinets on the back wall are mostly done. I still have to build the drawers for that section. The shelves also need to get installed, but that part doesn’t happen until they get mounted on the wall at the very end.
There are some gaps that will get taken care of at install with some trim, but they are all fitting really nicely. The one place I’m struggling with is the slightly raised area on the floor. It may be that the underlayment will help to level that out a bit, but I won’t know until I get to that part.
I’m also seeing a couple of places where the wall isn’t completely straight. That may force me to do a small piece of trim around my counter after it is installed, but I’d figured that might be an issue so it was in the “might need” side of my plans.
I have all the pieces for the first upper cabinet cut, but I realized when I went to get started building it that I was no where near confident enough to attempt to do all the holes for the shelf pins freehand. I did some research and found a tool that allows you do to those with a hard to screw up guide, but now I’m waiting for it to show up before I can finish that one.
Really, once that cabinet is built, I’ll be ready to start the next section. My current plan is to see what materials I have that will work on any lower cabinets on other walls and see if I can use some of that extra up before I do a materials list for the next phase. I’m also probably going to work on building the drawers, so that piece can get done. Most likely, I won’t work on the faces until I’m working on all the doors, but this will get that section mostly completed.
Pretty much every day after I’m done for the day, I’ll just stand there looking at it all in shock that I’ve actually built all of this all on my own.