I haven’t posted a room update in a couple of days because very little of what I’ve gotten done has been photo worthy. Lots of little things like more painting and touch ups. I’ve also been kind of taking bites out of it between trying desperately to get caught up on other things I’ve been neglecting around here.
Finally, I had something worth sharing today.
I got the drawer face done for the white cabinet. I’m not posting any full cabinet photos until it is completely done, but this is the new face.
I absolutely LOVE the look of this. I did discover that the face itself isn’t deep enough for my pulls, so I’m modifying my future drawer designs a smidge to fix that issue. For this piece, I did a little side fix that isn’t seen because of how this attaches to the drawer itself.
The other piece I finished off was the door to the access opening.
I was really frustrated with this because the opening itself is not square AT ALL which made getting this to fit almost impossible. It covers the opening. It opens and closes fine, but there is a bit of a gap at the top that I’ll need a latch of some sort to hold it completely closed. There is trim that shows on the left near the top, but none at all on the bottom left. I think this opening was off by a good quarter of an inch, which is a lot when you are talking about needing to put a door over it. So much for the contractor guy bragging on his 90 degree angles and things being square because this is not.
After the cat decided to inspect my paint job and leave her review in the wet paint, I decided that the basement is off limits to them until this project is completely done. I came up with a temporary door, since my plastic wasn’t doing the job. This is ugly as hell, but works beautifully because I even put hinges on it. It allowed me to leave the plastic on the upper portion to help keep the dust and mess in the basement. The cat STILL tries to paw at this to try and get it open every night, but she’s not getting past this!
I am just 2 doors away from being ready to start my cabinets. Those are the two new bottom doors for the white cabinet. Now that I have the method down after doing the access door, these should be done in maybe 2 days and only that long because they have to be glued and clamped for a portion of that and paint touch ups are tedious with the paint and wait process.
But… only 2 and I can go get my materials and start building in the room itself!