I didn’t have a ton of time to work today as I have other things that I need to do. I’m seeing that I’m slacking in other areas because I’m so focused on getting this project done. I’m going to need to keep an eye on that.
The glass doors got their inner trim and some more touch ups and sanding. These should be ready for a final paint by tomorrow.
Since I have to paint at least one more panel before I can start on the lower doors and I have a couple of touch ups on the rest of the cabinet, more painting will most likely be my focus tomorrow.
One thing I got done today that has been driving me up a wall because I hadn’t been able to figure out how to pull it off is the design for my drawer faces. I wanted them to have the same look and feel as the doors, but the outer frame pieces for the doors are way too wide to use on a drawer. I needed a compromise and I think I’ve come up with one.
Obviously the above isn’t a full face, but it gives you the idea. The entire outer edge would be like the bottom layout.
It is such a relief to have that part figured out. It does mean more materials than I’d originally planned since the panels need to be backed in the same way I did my drawers for the recessed area, but I’m happy with the sturdiness and the look.
I’ve got a couple more stain samples drying, but I’m still not loving any of them yet.