Today was kind of a mix of really good and not so good, but still a lot of progress.
Everything is cut, routered, and fitting together the way it should (mostly), including the cross dividers for the lower section that I forgot about yesterday. I got the paneling up and attached to the back wall, and the outer sides are all nailed into place.
I have a whole lot of work to do to clean some of my mistakes up and get this ready for paint. I decided that I’m going to add some additional trim around the upper shelf area to finish it off and to give it some extra support since I’m eliminating the dividers for the shelf underneath. There are a few pieces I need to trim down a little bit because with the paneling, they sit just a bit too far outside the opening.
Most of what is left is clean up before I can paint. I have to pull it all back down to make those minor tweaks and do any sanding and filling on the rough pieces along with those touch ups, but I should be ready to paint this in the next couple of days.
While this isn’t nearly as clean as I’d like it and things are not perfectly straight, once I do the clean up and get this painted, it is going to look really good.