I didn’t get nearly as much done today as I’d hoped, but I did get some done.
It took way longer to get the new bolts I needed and get the stupid table saw set up than it really should have (seriously, who designs some of this stuff??) I also had a few other things that I needed to do before I could do any actual work.
With the new paneling pieces I’m using for the cabinet doors and the back wall of the recessed area, I have to do that back wall in 4 different pieces. The layout of the existing 2 x 4s made it so that some of those edges would be “floating” without having anything to nail into, especially the top and the bottom. I wanted to ensure that they were really stable even if a drawer gets pushed into the panel a little hard, so I decided to add a little extra framing to give me more places to nail into and add some stability.
As you can see, it isn’t a whole lot. I was able to use some of the wood from my Halloween wall frames, which was awesome.
Sadly, this is all I really got done today. I was hoping to get the panels up, but I decided that this really needs to have the pieces that make up the outside frame of the inner section done first otherwise those boards will stick outside that recess by about a quarter of an inch instead of sitting flush.
There are several places where I need to router channels for the shelves or divider pieces in those boards, which was a whole lot more work than I had time for today, so I had to call it quits. I will start back up tomorrow fresh.
I at least have a really good work space set up at the moment for both my saws. It isn’t perfect, but it works. I’m not going to have any more excuses to avoid actually turning on that table saw starting tomorrow. I’m still a little scared of that one.