We recently got new living room furniture. The original plan was to completely replace all the old, but once we got the new all set up and arranged, I decided that I didn’t want to give up my old ottoman. It is this big piece on wheels that is perfect for sharing and with all the new furniture being more modular with just a couple of chairs and a love seat, I really wanted to be able to have options. Sadly, the old one not only didn’t go with the new, but it really looked bad because it was old and getting pretty thread bare in several places.
After thinking on what I could do, I decided I’d go and get some fabric that would coordinate with the new furniture and make something of a slipcover for not only the ottoman, but I’d used the same material and cover the old toss pillows to really tie all the pieces together. So I have the ottoman and 4 pillows to redo. I’ve already gotten most of the material, but after getting it home, I changed my plan so I may need to go back and get at least an additional trim for the pillows. Until I actually lay it all out, I won’t know for sure. I’ll get the plan and layout worked out later this week.
This will be a good project to work on between now and my big cake project in February and until my studio opens back up. As of right now, all the old living room furniture is taking up all of that space until we can arrange to get it hauled away. It is going to feel good to work on something creative that isn’t food related.